The kitchen is the heart of the home. It’s where we prepare wholesome family meals, gather to share stories, and create memories with loved ones. But in today’s busy world, time in the kitchen can be challenging to find. Between work, school, after-school activities, and other personal commitments, it’s not uncommon for home cooks to feel rushed or struggle to find time to prep their next meal. Fortunately, there are a number of gadgets and appliances that can streamline your cooking process and free up more time for you to enjoy being an excellent home cook.
The best kitchen gadgets for home cooks
There are tons of great gadgets for the kitchen, but these five are the ones that make a big difference in my own home cooking.
- A mixer blender - You can get great quality from a mid-priced blender, and being able to mix and puree ingredients in one container saves a lot of clean-up time. Look for one with multiple speeds, a pulse setting, and a tamper if you plan to make a lot of smoothies and frozen drinks.
- An electric pressure cooker - This is a great tool for quick cooking of grains, beans, and legumes, as well as for making cheesecake, bread, and other desserts. A food processor
- These are great for chopping, slicing, blending, and mixing. Plus, they can do a lot of things blenders can’t, like shredding large amounts of cheese and making breadcrumbs.
- A multi-use tool - This is a great item to have on hand for everything from croutons to nuts, garlic, and herbs. A toaster oven
- This small but mighty appliance can be used to bake a single serving of anything from cookies to a small casserole. It’s also great for reheating leftovers.
Kitchen Gadgets That Will Make Your Life Easier
If you’re looking to streamline your kitchen with the best kitchen gadgets, there are a few gadgets that will make your cooking, baking, and cleaning more efficient.
- Automatic ice cube trays - If you find yourself regularly making large quantities of iced tea or other drinks, automatic ice cube trays can quickly and accurately produce the right amount of ice cubes each time.
- Bluetooth-enabled coffee makers - If you regularly use coffee makers, having one that connects to your smartphone can be a convenient way to start your day.
- Deep fry thermometers - If you fry foods at home, a deep fry thermometer can help prevent the danger of burning foods and make sure frying temperatures are safe to eat.
- Electric hot water kettles - If you drink a lot of tea or coffee at home, an electric kettle can be a good choice for quickly heating water.
- Electric pressure cookers - Like with regular pressure cookers, these can reduce the cooking time for many meals.
- Electric rice cookers - These can also be used to cook grains other than rice, such as barley, quinoa, and more.
- Electric waffle makers - If you enjoy waffles, an electric waffle maker can save you time and effort compared to more manual waffle makers.
If you’re looking to add something new to your kitchen, the list above provides a wide range of kitchen gadgets to consider. You can easily find great kitchen gadgets online, at kitchen supply stores, and even at second-hand or antique shops. Whether you’re hoping to speed up your cooking, save money on your grocery bill, or just make your home cooking experience a little more enjoyable, there are a variety of kitchen gadgets that can help. So, whether you’re hoping to find a new toaster or a new coffee maker, there are plenty of kitchen gadgets to choose from.